Saturday, November 08, 2008

Prawns in Coconut Milk ( Ginataang Sugpo)

Ginataang Sugpo PictureHere's another recipe that my husband loves to eat. Actually this is just my first time to cook Ginataang Sugpo or Prawns in Coconut Milk. I don't have plans to cook this for our dinner the other week but I was convinced to buy Sugpo(Prawns) when I saw it. Let me share to you my way of cooking Ginataang Sugpo.


Ginataang Sugpo Ingredients:
(Prawns In Coconut Milk Ingredients)

200 grams prawns
15 grams siling pangsigang ( green chili peppers )
1 tsp oil
50 grams petchay Tagalog
1 cup coconut milk
1 tbsp bagoong alamang (to taste)
25 grams bell pepper(optional)
1 onion, chopped
1-2 tbsp garlic, finely chopped
1 small ginger, chopped
1 shrimp cube

Well, this is just easy to cook. You don't need to be a pro for you too to be able to cook this. First, saute onion, garlic, ginger and prawns in a pan. I didn't use cooking oil for sauteing. I used butter or margarine since it gives a different taste. So it's up to you if you're going to use oil or butter for sauteing. Now, add the "bagoong alamang" to taste and the shrimp cube. Saute for about 1-2 minutes. Add coconut milk, bell pepper, long green chili and petchay Tagalog. You may also replace Petchay with repolyo (cabbage) if you don't have it. Actually, I don't have the fresh coconut milk so what I used is 1 can of the evaporated cream milk. Steam until the prawns is cooked or until coconut milk is creamy. Serve hot.

By the way, my Ginataang Sugpo is a little bit spicy. Just put some siling labuyo according to your desired spiciness.

Hmm, ang sarap sarap!

I'll be posting more recipe's next time!!!

No comments: